Jnster: the story of an outdoors enthusiast in NYC and wherever he wanders...

Monday, September 17, 2007

Who's been to Red Hook?

Braloo and I can claim we have :-)

I've heard so much about it from Bn and LV, I had to go. See, I'm calling my friends by their nicknames now, is this to protect their anonymity or just because it sounds cool? ;-)

Needless to say, they are some parts of this neighborhood that are much nicer than others. I really liked the whole post modern feeling that surrounds the waterfront area.

Red Hook


We enjoyed our walk so much that we decided to come back from the Fairway waterfront to Manhattan on foot, through the Brooklyn cruise terminal, Caroll gardens, Brooklyn Heights and the Brooklyn bridge. Nice day for an urban walk. Hopefully I can go hiking in the outdoors without suffering too much the next day (damn swollen ankle), otherwise this blog will have to change its headline.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • Nice pic!
    Haha, I can tell this area is trendy in New York's standards.
    Old falling apart buildings!!

    Anmyway, it looks very nice, far away from the crazy center...

    By Blogger Elise, at 9/18/2007 3:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home