Jnster: the story of an outdoors enthusiast in NYC and wherever he wanders...

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Washington DC and road Trip

Carine is not the only one roadtriping accross the US!

Road Trip to Washington, DC ; Delaware and NJ

Crammed in our small, but stylish rental Mitsubishi Eclipse, we had a road trip of our own. Ok, not a real Grand Open Spaces style roadtrip, but still. I think we drove 550+ miles over the 3 days week end.

Dan, Anne, Barbara and myself spent 2 days in Washington, in a really hotel that Mr Priceline let us book at what I call a reasonable price :-) DC was a really nice change compared to Manhattan: the mall and all its museums kept us busy... and walking. I was particularly pleased by the National Gallery of Art, even though I was first refused admission on Saturday. It was partly my fault, I had a knife in a bag, used for a picnic at lunch.... Whatever. I was reminded that here, The rule is the rule! We had to come back on sunday. At least, they let me take pictures of us in front of the White House!

I was also delighted by the restaurants we went to: a vintage style brasserie/microbrewery (Elise would have loved it) and an Oyster bar where I had the best scallops of my life! Reminds me we have to go again to that small low-key lobster restaurant in Keyport, NJ...

On monday, we came back to New York traversing several states: 5 of them in one day (DC, Maryland, Delaware, New Jersey arriving by ferry from Lewes, DE and then NewYork). The water in Cape May, NJ was too cold an too rough for swimming, but strolling accross the old Victorian mansians in town was a very pleasant alternative. Very touristy too :-( It is after all the oldest beach resort in the US!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • So you've been to Washington DC at last ! Is the National Gallery of Art worth the MoMA ?

    By Blogger Violaine, at 8/12/2007 5:45 AM  

  • National Galery of Art is more like a small MET. Not as modern art oriented a the MoMA.

    By Blogger Jn, at 8/12/2007 11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home