Jnster: the story of an outdoors enthusiast in NYC and wherever he wanders...

Monday, July 09, 2007

Sunday at the beach

I never spend my week ends at the beach, but this year it's different. Let's consider this part of my therapy.Walking barefoot in the sand was no picnic.

Juliette & Vincent, the serial beachers, organized a Sunday in Long Beach, 45min away from the city by train. It was supposed to be 93F in Manhattan, and cooler and breezy at the beach: perfect day. Of course the water was too cold for my taste, but I still swam :-) The waves were pretty big: I got knocked out and flipped over twice, while Vincent had to relinquish his sunglasses to the mighty Ocean. A bit scary when you know your ankle is not very robust yet.

A very relaxed afternoon, and then I hopped back in the train to be back in the city and have a couple of beers with Alvin, Don, and the Nebraskan gang.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • Few drinks is good, how many of you where there? The beach looks great, I wished I could have joint you.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/10/2007 10:36 AM  

  • We were 8 (6 on the picture with the beers I think). But don't be misled by all the glasses: these are sampler sized.

    So, when are you coming to visit?

    By Blogger Jn, at 7/10/2007 10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home