Jnster: the story of an outdoors enthusiast in NYC and wherever he wanders...

Monday, May 28, 2007

Not in great shape...

Ah, everything was so fine in Puerto Rico before life started to go astray... Here are a few pictures I found on http://escape.topuertorico.com. I'm pretty sure somewhere in my stolen memory card I have some kind of similar pictures. We'll never find out..



Paseo de la Princesa, Old San Juan



Old San Juan



Old San Juan



Flamenco beach, Culebra

Tomorrow I'll go for a Catscan at St Luke's hospital. If the results are good, it might cheer me up. At the moment, not much is going right. On Saturday, after trying unsuccessfully to contact 4 different hospitals for 3 days to get a Catscan appointment, I finally resolved to take a cab and go see for myself at the hospital. Of course, I had no appointment (because they refused to give one to me on the phone) so I had to register and go trough ER. St Luke's was a nice hospital (much nicer than my somewhat grimy experience at St Vincent's) and the doctor was prompt to see me and send me to Catscan. Unfortunately, the machine was broken, and nobody would come to repair it until tuesday because it's a holiday week end! I had the option to go to another hospital and try the same thing, but I decided to go home and wait for tuesday. I already had to spend my $100 copay for absolutely nothing and did not want to register at another hospital yet again (I do not want to go to St Vincent's again)... So, I saw the long week end passing without being able to get out my apartment much.... I can't wait for this thing to be over.
And today, even with the constant heat (and no A/C, I don't really like it), I managed to catch a cold...
At least, I have good friends that come visit me! Tom, Richard and Neri visited on thursday, Jenny bought groceries on Saturday; and Anne and Dan (a friend from INSA who just moved from London to NYC) came to see me for the first time in Harlem. They were a bit impressed and scared by Harlem!



On a related note, Violaine has a detailed and colorful story of her stay in NYC (including the second gunks trip): here. It's worth giving it a look!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home