Jnster: the story of an outdoors enthusiast in NYC and wherever he wanders...

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Weeks around town

I'm still waiting for winter to go away and looking forward to the "good season".


It actually feels like it is the beginning of the good season: friends are starting to plan their visits from overseas.


For two week ends I hosted Eglantine who was on her way to Minnesota for work.


It was a good occasion to go to MoMA and see the Jeff Wall exhibition. He makes stunning photos, that are semi transparent and very bright when placed on back lit displays. Nice exhibition, and enjoyable by a large audience. I mean, this is some rather classic art display for a modern art museum.

We also went to a couple of nice restaurants, mostly in the Upper West Side: Malaysian Grill (most of my readers should know this is my usual cantina!); a place that claims to have the Best Burger on Earth; and two sushis places: Haku and (my favorite): Asiakan, a new Panasian restaurant on Amsterdam and 95th st. I particularly recommend the Spicy Tuna roll!

Other places I discovered over the past two weeks: Kemia, a Moroccan lounge/bar near Times Square that I had wanted to go to for a long time, and Park, an upscale club in Chelsea, where I was invited at a birthday party yesterday. Two trendy places that I will add to my of "must see" for my visitors who want to go out for a drink ;-)



Last but not least: I've booked the flights to Puerto Rico! Elise and I are going there in roughly 2 weeks now!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home