Jnster: the story of an outdoors enthusiast in NYC and wherever he wanders...

Sunday, September 09, 2007

Five-Star Wilderness - New York Times

And they call this hiking?
Usually, the NY Times has very good ideas for outdoors trip, but I personnally think this article is ridiculous, and only for rich city wimps who don't know wat to do with their money.

Ok, sometimes hiking a full day from lodge to lodge can be nice, but please, those people are barely walking before being taken to next spot by the helicopter. Maybe this should be banned.


Five-Star Wilderness - New York Times

4 Comments:

  • Haha, Jn the rebel. Maybe I should post more often on subjects that I have a strong opinion about.

    By Blogger Jn, at 9/10/2007 10:54 PM  

  • it could be useful when you have a broken ankle :-) And I mean, nobody even build roads to go there, that's a shame, there's no other way but to take an helicopter !

    well, I hate those kind of things too, but as long as there are some people wanting (and having enough money) to do it, it will exist :-(

    By Blogger Carine, at 9/12/2007 10:18 AM  

  • Wow! 2 comments from 2 different persons! It's getting crowded here.

    Thanks for the ankle joke ;-) The ankle is kind of healed now, I should try climbing again very soon...

    By Blogger Jn, at 9/13/2007 12:24 AM  

  • that's goog news for your ankle !
    and I know what it is to be submerged by comments, I sometimes have 3 or even 4 myself, hahahaha ;-)

    well, as the saying goes, the important is not the quantity, it's the quality !

    By Blogger Carine, at 9/13/2007 7:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home