Jnster: the story of an outdoors enthusiast in NYC and wherever he wanders...

Friday, October 03, 2008

Oregon

Here are a few new pictures from my latest exciting climbing trip: 10 days in Oregon.
The trip consisted mostly of climbing at Smith Rock State Park, + some hiking in the Cascades, an afternoon of climbing at French Dome, and some gentle hiking in the Columbia River Gorge and on Cannon Beach, on the Pacific Ocean Coast.


Oregon



I got to meet some of my relatives that I had never met before, who live in Portland, and traveled a bit with my mother and step dad. That's an original vacation. Weather was perfect 9 days out of ten. Who says it always rains in Oregon!

I also met my friend from Nicaragua Angie, and climbed with Craig from Seattle, Richard from New York, Jason from Portland, and David our ropegun from Lyon. He really inspired us in climbing stronger and harder. He led his first 5.12 and I top roped it: even if I took multiple falls I was able to finish the damn route!

Like I said in Seattle last July, I love the West Coast!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

  • Bonjour Jn,

    J'ai pu lire sur VoyageForum.com que tu as réalisé l'ascension du mont Ararat il y a quelques temps de cela. Comme je n'en trouve pas le récit, ni même la rumeur sur ton blog, j'ose te laisser un post sur cette page qui, certes, ne s'y prête pas vraiment.
    Serais-tu partant pour me parler précisément des étapes de ton séjour? A savoir, des formalités préliminaires (et des nombreuses embûches qu'un tel voyage soulève en raison de la situation géopolitique du mont) et surtout de ton "vécu" une fois en terre turque. J'insiste vraiment sur ce mot, car ma démarche est avant tout documentaire: il ne s'agit pas pour moi de gravir l'Ararat, mais de monter un projet autour de quelques figures qui ont réalisé le défi. Pourquoi et pour quoi l'Ararat?Qu'as-tu ressenti lors de ton ascension? As-tu trouvé ce que tu recherchais? La différence radicale entre ton lieu de résidence (où les hauteurs sont des buildings) et cette destination quasi hors du monde était-elle volontaire?En somme, peux-tu me dire ce que toi, singulièrement, tu retiens de cette aventure?
    En espérant trouver réponse à mes questions, je te souhaite une bonne continuation.

    Cordialement,

    Caroline P.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 1/28/2010 1:19 AM  

  • Great article as for me. I'd like to read something more about that matter. Thank you for posting that data.
    Joan Stepsen
    Cyprus sex

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/04/2010 6:33 AM  

  • I'd like to read something more about that matter.

    By Anonymous the gunks rock climbing, at 3/05/2011 2:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home