Jnster: the story of an outdoors enthusiast in NYC and wherever he wanders...

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Facebook and restaurants

Sometimes I wonder if Facebook will kill my blog. It's much more practical nowadays to create posts in Facebook, add images, and all your friends get notified immediately.
Problem is: my blog's audience is not all on Facebook.
And also posting on Blogger is not that hard either. So I think I'll keep my blog for a while.
I may even turn it into a culinary blog. I've been to quite a few great restaurants and bars lately, mostly in Tribeca (where my office is for now) and Soho.
Unfortunately I have no talent for writing reviews and all I can say is "that was really good"... I'll never be able to live as a food critic :-)

Over the past weeks,

- My colleagues and I went to a weird small British restaurant in the West Village called Tea and Sympathy. Food was very exotic for me, but I would not say it was very tasty. It felt very strange to me that people would pay this range of prices (it's not cheap) for British food.
- Industria Argentina (Tribeca) has excellent uruguyan meat and subtle Mendoza Malbec to pair with.
- After the meat extravaganza, we went to the Brandy Libray (Tribeca), where we sipped high quality Single Malts seated in leather couches. Very classy.
- at Balthazar (Soho) I tasted Armagnac for the first time, with dessert. Very very French atmosphere. I was disapointed that they did not have Macon La Roche Vineuse on their wine list. When I visited the winery in December they told me Balthazar was their largest US buyer.
- I loved the hip, young atmosphere at Novecento (Soho), and the beef salad, paired with another good Argentinian Malbec.
- Sushi Samba (Village) reminded me a little about Nobu: loud music, trendy atmosphere and excellent service. Plates were beautifully aranged and the Pisco sour felt authentic (at least as what I had in Chile).
- I went again to my 2 favorite wine bars: Vino Vino in Tribeca (very upscale and classy, excellent choice of cheese), and Louis 649 in the East village (go for the Live jazz!)

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • No, JN. Keep the Blog. I like it much more than Facebook, especially as there is no Spam in there. I personally do not believe that Facebook will survive if the content does not become more useful. Who wants to see junk posts all day.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 2/18/2008 2:57 AM  

  • me too keep your blog. Your last paper was interesting.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/18/2008 7:09 AM  

  • Blogger also makes you compose and write long stories, that's something we're no longer used to. And you're good at it. See, we're often watching your blog. Keep going !
    Lucky you, going to restaurants all the time and not getting a scrap of fat. Enjoy !

    By Blogger Violaine, at 2/18/2008 2:26 PM  

  • I agree with all the other comments ! I do prefer your blog. It takes too much time on Facebook to get the information you're looking for while on your blog, it's easy and pleasant to read about you and your experiences ! (personally, I do not really like Facebook... too strange to use for me)

    By Blogger Piupiu, at 2/21/2008 2:46 PM  

  • Thank you all for contributing!
    Your encouragements will keep me blogging :-)

    By Blogger Jn, at 2/21/2008 9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home