Jnster: the story of an outdoors enthusiast in NYC and wherever he wanders...

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Photo albums

I have done too much in the past two months. I'm just back from Ann Arbor, Michigan, where I spent the week for work stuff and some fun time. I even managed to run a 10k race, and placed 4th, but there were barely 10 competitors...


Life has been going so fast, no time to relate all the exciting moments.

Laura visited on her way from Nicaragua to England. We went to see the Yankees play in the Bronx. It's the historical last season at the Yankees stadium. Fun facts: we ordered foot long hot dogs from a machine, the Yankees lost, we sat in the rain, and I got a cold :-) Let's go Yankees!

Eglantine and Pierrot visited for a week end, and we had a spectacular evening at the Guggenheim museum for First Fridays. It felt like it was "the place to be" in NYC that evening. The "I want to believe" exhibition from Cai Guo Qiang was original, aesthetic and very interesting.





I'll try to catchup with pictures of the other trips:

Cool climbing festival in West Virginia. A bit too rainy for my taste, but some great time spent with friends. As we said, there are 2 kinds of people now: those who went to The New River Rendezvous, and those who didn't:



New River Rendez Vous 2008




An excellent day at the Gunks. Congrats to Matt for leading Madam G (one of the most exciting lines I've ever climbed), and to Marianna for not being scared on her first day climbing outside.








Gunks, one year later



A surfing session in Long Beach, Long Island. We have a lot of enthusiast surfers in the group now. I was able to stand up on my first attempt. So much easier than Puerto Rico.







Surfing Long Beach





And some nice additions to the Nicaragua gallery:








Nicaragua

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

  • JN magnifique photo du Guggenheim..
    et, si j'ai bien compris, New River Rendez-vous sera ( devra être) à notre programme lors du prochain séjour !

    By Blogger Unknown, at 7/06/2008 9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home