Jnster: the story of an outdoors enthusiast in NYC and wherever he wanders...

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Youpi

i just came back from France, where I spent 1 week between Christmas and New Year. It was a great respite from all the time I spent I work in December. A last minute decision and a well deserved break!

The main purpose of the trip was to spend time with Elise and my family, but in addition to that, I am very happy as I managed to meet with friends I had not seen in a long time (DarkSeb & Elo, Julien & Caro).
The drawback was that I spent Christmas eve in the plane and that, due to to jet lag, I was not in a party mood for New Year's eve in Central ark at midnight (the Fireworks were pretty nice though). But why complaining, I had a nice Christmas lunch on the 25th instead and a birthday celebration on the 26th :-)

Happy New Year to everyone: below is a picture of the Jacques Cartier bridge I got from the Montreal Marathon organizing comittee. It reminded me of how much Elise and I enjoyed 2006. Not sure we'll be able to do as much in 2007:



- South American Trip in Jan/Feb, including the ascent of Lascar (5400m)
- Las Vegas, Death Valley & Red Rock Trip in March
- A 3 day climbing trip To NH in May
- 2 weeks in France in July, with a lot of climbing
- My first marathon, in Montreal, in September
- Another visit to Las Vegas, Red Rock and Zion National Park in September
- A first visit to the Southern US in October
- A week in France and around Geneva in December. The picture album is below, click on the the boats to open it:


On top of that, a lot of friends visited us for short visits in NYC. We are quite lucky, I think we're kind of living a good life!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home