Jnster: the story of an outdoors enthusiast in NYC and wherever he wanders...

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Cold cold nights

Nothing has been fixed at the apartment... That isn't a major concern since there is a temporary solution for everything: the out of order stove burners are replaced by independent electtric burners, the heating system is replaced by an electric radiator etc...
However, for two days, the temparature had dropped well below 0C and the makeshift heating system was obviously not enough to warm me! Ah, and I also had a power failure at night, which turned off the alarm clock and the radiator! It was freezing cold at night, and i woke up late for work! Nothing works in this *** apartment! And Elise is gone to France now :-(

It's ironic: when I speak with my colleagues located in India, we seem to have the same kind of day to day issues. Although for them is that it gets too hot when the AC stops working...

Therefore, since I don't have any response from my landlord, I am planning to contact the city services soon. I checked the website to know what are the landlord/tenant rights and obligations. One funny fact: the City Department oh Housing website is in multiple foreign languages, including Creole! I figured I would understand something, but it is totally obscure for me. For those who'd like to give it a look, it's there.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • Jn, sleeping alone looks colder, of course ;-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/12/2006 6:53 AM  

  • Did you look at this page: http://www.nyc.gov/html/hpd/html/tenants/how_to_report.shtml
    There's a number you can call when you have no heating...

    By Blogger Piupiu, at 12/13/2006 10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home