Jnster: the story of an outdoors enthusiast in NYC and wherever he wanders...

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Life is a paradigm




I like this comic, it really shows the absurdity of our corporate world ;-)

Anyway, this week has been faily busy and I'm quite tired because I don't get much sleep at night. Indeed, we are keeping Katia and Arnaud's cat and she has decided that it was a good idea to meow all night long. The side effect of the confontation is that I a have discovered that I can use ear plugs (never tried those before) and they work quite well but not perfectly. If the cat really wants to bother you, she always wins!

Climbing wise, we had an awesome session at a new crag Richard showed us: Peter's kill, kind of the Gunks secret spot. Elise published a few pictures of us. I climbed a few routes in the 5.9 (including one called Stinky Americans) to 5.11 (poorly climbed) range.

Running wise, it has been an ok week: my knees hurt a bit, but I'm running faster now. Yesterday there was a very beautiful sunset in Central Park: all the sky became pink fuschia and orange and it lasted for 20minutes. I really wish I had a camera at this time, anyone could have shot amazing pictures like this one I took in Montreal a few months ago.




This saturday, we will have the long awaited visit from Gael, my friend from INSA with whom I went to India and China! I haven't seen him for a year and a half now!

Gael, that's him:




3 Comments:

  • apparently your R button needs replacing, lol

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/16/2006 4:51 PM  

  • jn, love that sunset pic. beautiful! hope your knees are doing better. i wish i had a cat that meowed :) i'm dying for a pet someday.
    that comic strip was hilarious...ugh corporate america-HATE IT!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/18/2006 10:30 AM  

  • Thanks Mona!
    I hope to be able to make a proper update to the blog soon!
    I don't think you have standed the cat either, she was a real monster!

    By Blogger Jn, at 5/19/2006 4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home