Jnster: the story of an outdoors enthusiast in NYC and wherever he wanders...

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Recent news

It's really hard to keep posting entries to my blog. Even once a week is a lot.
But I know if want to keep it attractive for my readers I'd better take the time to write. And interesting posts wouldn't hurt.

So it's definitely running season in Central Park. I've be running 10km 4 times in the past two weeks and it was almost always very crowded with runners and cyclists. It's also the end of the 3 week spring season in New York. We had a snow storm less than two weeks ago and it was a hot and damp inferno on saturday (28 Celsius). I even had kind of a heatstroke, not expecting this heat, I was completely dehydrated after 2/3rd of my running and shamely had to stop and walk for a while... Fortunately I ran better today.
I wonder if there's an official direction for running in CP. I always run the loop counter clockwise, but it seems many people run in the other directions. Does anyone know?

On the way back from CP to my home I always find myself in the middle of a situation that can only happen in crazy cities like NYC. Last time, it was a hummer limo full of sexy black dancers (you know the kind of ladies you see in R&B videos) - waving at me.... And this time I saw a cab parked on W90th st, the driver was out and had set up his carpet on the sidewalk and was actually praying in the street, the carpet orientated towards Mecca I guess... Incredible! I still get surprised by such things almost every day!

8 Comments:

  • I've heard that running counter-clockwise in a loop is easier ... but I have no clue of the veracity of this statement..

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/19/2006 9:26 AM  

  • 1 point pour Piupiu, courir counter-clockwise aide le coeur (à gauche) à pulser le sang vers l'extérieur (à droite), parait-il. Ceci dit, je n'ai jamais eu l'idée de courir clockwise... ce doit être intuitif :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/19/2006 1:46 PM  

  • Actually, I've just realized I am running clockwise!
    Good, that makes it harder! I know I am sometimes masochistic when it comes to sport :-)

    By Blogger Jn, at 4/19/2006 5:59 PM  

  • Jn, that's hilarious! Both of those things. I love the NYC moments...I always mean to have a notebook to keep track of them. That'd be a great blog actually.
    Do you have any website you visit that measures the distances within the park? I always love running counter-clockwise. And the one thing that's nice, I run after everyone else is usually at work:)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/20/2006 2:48 PM  

  • Mona, I have only one unit to measure my distances in the park. One loop = 6miles = 10km, roughly

    By Blogger Jn, at 4/22/2006 12:26 AM  

  • 40km de running par semaine ! pfff je vais jamais pouvoir le suivre celui là

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/28/2006 3:03 PM  

  • tu as mal lu loic, c'est seulement 2*10km par semaine... pour l'instant...
    Et c'est pas assez je crois

    By Blogger Jn, at 4/28/2006 3:27 PM  

  • S'tu veux keeper ton blog attractive, t'as qu'à le mettre en français, ça fera plaisir à papa et à papy :))

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/28/2006 3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home