Jnster: the story of an outdoors enthusiast in NYC and wherever he wanders...

Friday, April 07, 2006

The mythical marathon

Today might be an important day in my life...
After much hesitation (but I had a sign that I had to do it, i.e Mona, this mysterious nyc blogger decided to go for it too), I have decided to sign up for the New York marathon. Wait wait... I said "might be important" because it's not sure that I will participate yet. I have to wait until the beginning of June.
Actually, the NYC marathon is so popular that not all those sign up are accepted. If you have a U.S address, there's a 50% chance that you win the so called lottery. Or a 50% chance that you lose...
I'll write some more of my impressions once I get accepted, or rejected... Let's see what happens...

As a matter of fact, I really have to go running more if I want to finish this race and be able to walk the following week... And build a real training program... And go running one or two half marathons before the big event.

1 Comments:

  • felicitations pour ta décision de tenter l'inscription
    par contre je te conseille d'investir dans de très bonnes chaussures de running, en particulier au niveau de la qualité de l'amortissement,sinon tu risque de t'abimer les genoux et les hanches

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/09/2006 11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home