Jnster: the story of an outdoors enthusiast in NYC and wherever he wanders...

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Best of the Gunks

At the beginning of September, one week before the marathon, I wanted to do some sport but no running.
We had planned to spend the full 3 day labor day week end but the weather was definitely agains us. We could only afford to go on Monday.

And we climbed two of the most famous lines at the Gunks: High Exposure (3 pitches, 5.6 --> the Best 5.6 on the planet for Climbing Magazine) and CCK (3 pitches, 5.7+).

Richard let me lead the crux pitch on High Exposure and it was an incredible feeling: this is very impressive overhanging move, but with good holds and good protection. Something I will remember!
Enjoy the pictures, these are some of the best I found on the web, all of High Exposure
























As for CCK, it is something I will remember too: we could not make it to the beautiful last pitch as I had to bail on the second pitch, and I really scared myself: there was no good protection on a couple of moves rated 5.8 PG/R and I was a little bit too confident that by climbing higher I would fins something good :-S.




Next time we climb this I'd rather have a strong leader on that pitch!

The last pitch of CCK:






my Pictures to come!!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home