Jnster: the story of an outdoors enthusiast in NYC and wherever he wanders...

Monday, August 28, 2006

Support your neigborhood

I didn't have anything to do this week end so I just rested, read, made phone calls to France and Germany, meditated....
Indeed, I have decided that during the last two weeks before the marathon I won't run anymore. That may not be the best recipe for a performance, but my right leg hurts so much that my only chance of not hurting myselft is to take it easy until race day...

So, it's funny because I realized I spent most of the week end time in my neighbordhood: grocery shopping, getting a hair cut, having lunch at my favorite Malaysian place, and even visiting Jenny and going to a free jazz concert on a plaza at Lincoln center (that was the far reaches of the Upper West Side ;-))

The concert was Sonny Rollins', who's still playing energetic music at the age of 76. I really liked the concert, it really relaxed me and being outside, it always brings some kind of special atmosphere. We were lucky with the weather, it didn't really rain, there was just some drizzle at times, and the omnipresent NYC summer humidity. Perfect evening temperature and great music (with Bossa Nova and African rythms influence)!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home