Jnster: the story of an outdoors enthusiast in NYC and wherever he wanders...

Sunday, July 30, 2006

How to become a better climber (stage 2)

Stage 1: get more experience at leading hard stuff (at least hard for me).
Location: Le Tuet, Samoens, France
Details of climb:
* 4-5 pitches for the long slab --> sustained 5+/6a, with Beatrice
* 1 pitch for the overhanging route --> athletic 6b+, with Max and Gerard

Comments: Definitely the most beautiful slab I have ever climbed. Quite scary leading, because there were 6-8 meters between bolts. I encountered the groovy Cannelures feature, sort of vertical waves carved in limestone. There was often no other holds then the cannelures. A lot of emotion on that day as I had to lead almost all pitches. And I am not a slab expert... But I was really happy!
Then to finish off the afternoon, we tried climbing an athletic short route, with Max, me and Gerard giving it a shot. Finally, Gerard made it to the top first and I followed as second. This was more my type of climbing!





 Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home