Jnster: the story of an outdoors enthusiast in NYC and wherever he wanders...

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

The old man of the mountain

I'm still kind of obsessed by New Hampshire, hearing about it, reading about it... So I decided to do more research about the "Old Man of the mountain". This rock formation is the symbol of New Hampshire, it can be found everywhere, from roadsigns, to stamps, to coins. It has actually collapsed recently, but used to look like a very realistic human face.
Seems to be something very famous in the U.S, but I had never heard of it before...

LIVE FREE OR DIE, of course.




2 Comments:

  • I didn't get it! why "of course"?
    is there a link between that old face and the "live free or die" phrase?

    my brain is sooo slow with a jet lag ;o) I need more explanations!!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/06/2006 11:11 AM  

  • Maybe, maybe not...
    Maybe he died because he was not free anymore? ;-)

    By Blogger Jn, at 7/06/2006 10:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home