Jnster: the story of an outdoors enthusiast in NYC and wherever he wanders...

Monday, June 12, 2006

"We are sorry to announce...

... that you have not been selected to the 2006 NYC marathon." That is basically the content of the e-mail I received this week.

Damn it! With 50% of making it, I had good reasons to be optimistic.
Oh well, not this year... Maybe never, who knows. I don't know if I'll have the strength and motivation for all the training next year.
Well, as I said, I will have to activate plan B: sign up for the Montreal Marathon, which is set for September 10th 2006.
I am quite a bit disapointed because the NYC marathon was really my first choice, but at the same time, I feel a bit relieved because it means I will to train until September only.

I'm going to contact Seppo, who wanted to run in Montreal too, and make sure he hasn't changed his plans. That will give more motivation too!

1 Comments:

  • C'est dommage en effet.. Mais Montréal est une très belle ville aussi, non ?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/13/2006 7:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home