Jnster: the story of an outdoors enthusiast in NYC and wherever he wanders...

Sunday, August 28, 2005

Central Park Half Marathon day today



Hey hey hey!!
I'm so happy, I've just run the Manhattan Half Marathon in Central Park this morning and did much better than expected!!! Overall place:1609 out of the 6328 that finished the race. My time was 1:52:51, which is excellent as the goal was to finish under the 2hr barrier!
Actually the weather was perfect for me: not too hot (the race started at 7am), it even rained a bit, and the high humidity (82%) didn't bother me too much.
The race itself was tiring and my right leg has been slighlty painful most of the time, but it was much easier than the training! It's really the same as climbing, I really realize training helps a lot, it may be obvious but it helps so much, it's unbelievable...
I felt really good during the first lap, as I was running relatively slow, and then I gradually accelerated in the second lap. I had the feeling I was really flying in the uphill sections!
Such a big crowd, and many friendly supporters on the side, I really enjoyed the atmosphere... It was definitely a fantastic first experience for a half marathon...

Check back later for pictures...


You can search for runners results here: http://web2.nyrrc.org/cgi-bin/start.cgi/aes-programs/results/startup.html?result.id=a50828&result.year=2005

1 Comments:

  • Félicitations +++
    Et vigoureux applaudissements !
    Je m'incline...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/31/2005 12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home