Jnster: the story of an outdoors enthusiast in NYC and wherever he wanders...

Monday, November 14, 2005

Super Active




I've had a rather boring week at work, even if I usually like to say I'm never bored in life, I think this job is starting a bit too boring for me... Not intellectually challenging enough I think.

Anyway, I found two solutions:
1) Do more sport. This was badly needed as I had quite eased on running after running the Manhattan Half Marathon.

2) Continue my computer strategy game of Colonization, one of the greatest games of all time, with cheesy graphics and music from the early 90s. Of course, I play late at night. Ok, I'm a geek, but there's nothing to be ashamed of: I haven't really played a video game for almost a year, and I'm sure this crisis will end soon ;-)

So 1) led me to running in Central Park again as in the good old times. The weather is perfect at the moment: sunny and not cold.
I also made another trip to the Gunks, with Tom and climbed one level harder, I am now able to lead solid 5.5. Tom proposed to make this contest with Richard, him and I: the first of us who will lead 5.8 will win... something that hasn't been determined. They are already at 5.6/5.7, so I have to train more... I have decided that I would try to lead one route in the overhanging section each time I'm going to MPHC.


My next Gunks climb? (The Dangler / 5.9+)

-----------
So, lot of sport for the Week end, followed by a brunch with Katia and Braloo at Turkuaz, a Turkish restaurant I like a lot in the Upper West Side. As usual when eating with Braloo, I ate too much. This time it was even my only meal of the day.... But it's so delicious that you want to eat the whole buffet. We had a long walk in colorful Central Park after this massive meal...

I'd recommend this brunch to Mona, a new york food blogger, who writes interesting reviews about NYC restaurants and also comments on my blog ;-) Thanks, I'm like all bloggers, every little comment makes me happy :-)

I'll finish with a nice picture of our street that I found on Google. W89th st from (Riverside) Park to (Central) Park: Isn't NYC green?

7 Comments:

  • Tu t'es fait teindre les cheveux ! Bravo pour le Dangler !!!

    Ah c pas toi pardon :(

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/15/2005 5:03 PM  

  • La montagne est loin, la montagne est loin, il faut le dire vite! je vois que tu ne prends pas de retard en escalade...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/16/2005 10:17 AM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/16/2005 11:07 AM  

  • si tu veux passer du 6a sur friends pas trop de restaurants!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/16/2005 11:07 AM  

  • Jn tu deviens de + en + américain ;-) tu joues aux jeux vidéo toi maintenant?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/21/2005 11:34 AM  

  • T'inquiete pas loic, ca m'est passe, j'ai fait une indigestion ;)

    By Blogger Jn, at 11/22/2005 10:03 PM  

  • Ah ouf ! Il manquait plus que tu te passionnes pour le football et là je te parlais plus ;-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/29/2005 4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home