Jnster: the story of an outdoors enthusiast in NYC and wherever he wanders...

Monday, June 13, 2005

Episode V: Monday happy day

On monday, it's already time to go back to...
- the car
- the outside park world
- Denver
- NYC....

We wake up early around 6am and it's again a glorious sunny day!
We start the descend to the car, and as a sign of the coldest night, we can see that Mills Lake has frozen...
Elise is a bit sick, might be because of altitude, so the hike to the car is tiresome for her...

After giving back the snowshoes to the rental store, we stop on the side of the oad with the crowd to watch the family bear, and the now world famous coyote attack, as related by Elise...
And then after all these animal emotions, we take a very scenic road up to the highest point for a pavecd raod in the USA, at 3700m. It's not that cold, so I have to go jogging up to the rock outcrop above the road. The pictures were nice, but the job killed my lungs ;-)

After this high point, it's a long drive down to Denver, with a stop at Taco Bell (Ahhh Taco Bell). Our flight is late because of a big storm in NYC. I make my usual yearly stupid-thing-in-an-aiport: they stopped me at the security because I had forgotten my crampons in my hand bagage... Arggggg! I'm furious against myself but Elise is cool and laughs about it. I'm allowed to re-recheck in so I won't lose my brand new crampons...


http://jnster.free.fr/colorado

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home