Jnster: the story of an outdoors enthusiast in NYC and wherever he wanders...

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Back in Peru

Hello !
And thanks for the comments again.
We´re back in Peru and I´m feeling very good.
We have spent our last day in Chile at a beach resort- chilean style, which means not very very modern beaches and with water not that warm. There was also the largest coakroach in our bathroom! That´s why you should always choose a room without bathroom ;-).

Elise is sick now, it is a bit more serious than what I had, but now she just needs a lot of sleeping.
She has very kindly urged me to go on another volcano ascension tomorrow, while she is resting: the Chachani, close to our current base of Arequipa. This one has more than 6000m, I wonder if I´ll be able to summit...

For the moment, I am visiting the beautiful colonial buildings of Arequipa and hope that she will be fully recovered when I come back. I´m feeling a bit guilty to go for yet another mountain....

3 Comments:

  • Hi JN ! I hope Elise will be fine when you'll return. Poor Elise, I hope it's not too hard for her. We will come to see her with Plume when you'll come back next week.
    Good luck for you hiking tour.
    Katia

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/30/2006 9:18 AM  

  • bon bon bon tu ne me rassures pas avec Elise ! quelle saleté ce MAM ! J'ai peur pour moi aussi, pas mal pour gâcher les vacances :-( Bon rétablissement Elise !! EN tout cas vous avez l'air d'avoir un temps correct on dirait.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/31/2006 3:53 PM  

  • Ca y est Elise est completement guerie. C etait juste une mechante gatro.
    Pas de MAM en vue en fait. Un conseil pour tes vacances dans la region: accepter un rythme tres lent les 2 premiers jours au dessus de 3500 et ne pas faire grand chose :-)
    Pour le temps, ca va bien depuis uyuni, hesite pas a m envoyer des questions precises en mail prive, on rentre bientot

    By Blogger Jn, at 1/31/2006 8:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home