Jnster: the story of an outdoors enthusiast in NYC and wherever he wanders...

Friday, March 25, 2005

Fire alert!

Today I had to escape the office at 4ish because of a fire alert!
It was really scary: everyone was running away as soon as we heard the message "Everyone on the 14th floor, you have to get out of the building, Please don't waste any time and go out as soon as possible"
We could smell smoke in the staircase and I didn't feel very comfortable with all this crowd while descening to the 1st floor and exit. When stuck in a skyscraper in New York you're always thinking about terrible things...

There were some firemen on the site already, with their usual huge trucks and deafening horns and sirens. This time they triggered a big mess at the crossroad of 42nd st ans 3rd ave when they came to rescue us from the burning flames... Don't get me wrong, I don't want to criticize their jobs, I just think they always make too much noise in the streets. It's even part of the New York atmosphere...

Tomorrow, Elise and I are going to the beach, Danny is joining. Promising pictures??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home