Jnster: the story of an outdoors enthusiast in NYC and wherever he wanders...

Sunday, February 27, 2005

It's time to start!

As promised, now is seriously the time to start writing the blog.Remember I'm trying to write as much as possible in English so please, non-French speaking people, write comments here to show you're interested!! If the market is too small for non French speking people I'll have to switch to french only... Hummm... the market.. I'm starting to think like an American...Anyway, I'll try to tell you here as much as possible about my new yorker's adventures... ;-)

Today we played the perfect tourists with Elise, visiting the statue of Liberty and Ellis Island's museum of immigration. Quite interesting indeed, even if we ended up in the usual situation, i.e starving in the middle of a museum....Very clear sky today, so we had a very nice view of lower Manhattan, also clearly spotting the Empire state building and the Chrysler building. As the Freedown tower will soon stand on top of all that, it's quite a unique and ephemere view...



Statue of Libery and Manhattan skyline
Posted by Hello


So we came back to the mainland and headed to Chinatown for a 3pm lunch at a dimSum place in Chinatown. Very good food, filling, but I think the waitress didn't speak English at all and didn't care much about her customers...


Back to the apartment... Now we've got our Ikea furniture and a talented house designer, so it really looks good. Almost looks like we have a decent amount of space ;-) I really feel at home and I Elise does too...

6 Comments:

  • Hey JN, why don't you take the same picture at night with the two tower of light, what's the name of those again ???

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/28/2005 2:49 AM  

  • I think I screw up the thing!... damn DSL connexion, coming on and off all the time!!! Again, my IT skills are not the best...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/28/2005 2:55 AM  

  • I have my own blog. Is quite a mess and it's not updated anymore... but it's cool :) I hope you have fun with your new job.
    Dani

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/28/2005 10:28 AM  

  • Actually, I have two usernames and one blog. And the blog is by this username. It's Spanish, though :(

    The latest, I will be in NYC for a week in Spring Break. My parents are coming. I will send you an email, since this is not my webpage, but yours :)
    Dani

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/28/2005 10:32 AM  

  • I'm putting a link to yours Danny!

    By Blogger Jn, at 2/28/2005 10:28 PM  

  • Hey OceanVagabon:
    I think the towers of light don't exist anymore... I've never seen themn from my office so I think the thing is over...

    By Blogger Jn, at 2/28/2005 10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home